Effective March 16th, GoodLife Fitness temporarily closed all clubs across Canada in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19. In turn, GoodLife Kids Foundation has now temporarily suspended all operations until further notice.
We have stopped taking grant applications at this time. All grant applications submitted as of February 10, 2020 will be retained for future review. It is our hope to resume operations in the near future.
Thank you for your understanding.
We wish you well during these challenging times.
Does your organization provide a physical activity or fitness program for kids with special needs?
Does your program...
- Serve kids with intellectual disabilities and/or autism?
- Run multiple weeks throughout the year?**
- Have a clear outcome related to increasing physical activity participation?
AND is your organization a Registered Charity AND designated as a Charitable Organization?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, your program may be eligible for up to $10,000 in funding through GoodLife Kids Foundation's Grant Program. Funds to support our Grant Program are raised by GoodLife Fitness employees and members across Canada.
Our Vision - Kids with special needs have equal opportunities to experience the joys and benefits of being active.
The Part We Play - GoodLife Kids Foundation fosters supportive environments to help kids with intellectual disabilities and autism thrive through physical activity and fitness.
NEW - Our Criteria has been updated. Please review prior to making an application to determine eligibility and understand expectations of grant recipient organizations. Note - Registered Charities designated by Canada Revenue Agency as Public Foundations or Private Foundations are not eligible. Please check your organization's designation status with Canada Revenue Agency prior starting the application process.
Applications received between February 10 - April 3, 2020 will be reviewed late May 2020. All applicants will be notified of the outcome early June 2020.
Next application round will be September 14 - November 27, 2020. Applications received during this time will be reviewed in January 2021.
Preview the Application
Completing Your Application
- Submit through the online application - made available here when you Sign In.
- Have your organization's Registered Charity number ready before you begin the application process. Registered Charity numbers have 9 digits and end in RR0001.
- Schools must have the name of their school board/district as well as the Registered Charity number for their school board/district in order to apply.
- Only complete submissions will be considered.
- Photos, video, testimonials or other material to support may be added as attachments.
- An email acknowledging receipt of your submission will be sent to the contact provided.
**Programs offered the entire school year or year-round will be given priority consideration.
Questions concerning application preparation may be directed to:
Lisa Burrows - Executive Director